Media and Information Engineering and Design
Bachelor's degree study program Media and Information Engineering and Design
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)
|Language of instruction||German|
|Duration of program||7 semesters (incl. internship (one semester))|
|Beginning of study program||Summer and winter semester|
|Registration Deadline||January 15 / August 20|
|Tuition and fees||
As of the 2017/18 winter semester, the following state tuition fees apply:
- EUR 1500 per semester for international, non-EU students
- EUR 650 per semester for students pursuing a second (non-consecutive) degree in Germany
For detailed information, click here.
|Requirements||Allg. oder fachg. Hochschulreife, Fachhochschulreife|
This study program is based on an interdisciplinary study concept which connects the fields of media design, media management, media computer science and media technology. This topics will be learned by the students in lectures, applied in laboratories and studios and implemented in project and final theses. Additionally these topics are complemented with personality building courses.
The graduates of this program have an extensive knowledge in the field of media. Therefore their professional perspectives are various. Some examples are:
- Development of innovative e-business applications
- Design and implementation of interactive websites, DVDs or 3D animations
- Conception and realization of technical infrastructures for broadcast companies
- Project management in multimedia agencies
- Design of audiovisual media
- Planning of media campaigns
Course of study
The basic studies cover three semesters, the main studies four semesters. At the end of each semester you will have to write exams to complete a course. The first stage of study is completed with the interim grade certificate.
This study program starts every summer as well as winter semester. In the winter semester we offer 70 study places, in the summer semester 35.